On 25 March 2022, the Medtech & Pharma Platform Association (MPP) held its annual General Assembly. The MPP President Shayesteh Fürst-Ladani officially welcomed the new MPP members (VectivBio, Roche, Haselmeier, BD, Zühlke) who joined in 2022 and will reinforce the MPP’s efforts to foster the synergies between the pharma, medtech and digital sectors for the development and access to safe and innovative combined products.
The MPP General Assembly elected the following representatives to the Board of Directors:
- Shayesteh Fürst-Ladani (SFL), President
- Stephan Affolter (Ypsomed)
- Daniel Delfosse (Swiss Medtech)
- Stephanie Horn (Roche)
- Manfred Mäder (Novartis)
The MPP Secretariat presented an overview of the MPP activities in 2021:
- The MPP Working Groups reviewed key developments and engaged with EU institutions on the remaining gaps in the framework for (connected) combined products,
- The MPP 2021 Annual Conference featured a panel with high-level speakers on the future framework for combined products, expert sessions, and offered attendees opportunities to network. More than 460 persons registered to the event,
- The MPP continued to foster knowledge exchange via training courses on article 117 MDR, clinical evaluation and connected combined training courses.
In 2022, the MPP aims to continue its activities to support knowledge exchange and the development of a balanced framework for combined products. The MPP will hold its Annual Conference on 8 September 2022 in Basel, Switzerland.